Friday, July 21, 2006

Long time no post,eh?

Oi!

This week was quite busy, and I never had the chance to update, so here's a summary of this week.

1) went to petropolis on sunday. It was quite neat and it was a cute mountain town. Pedro the emperor's palace was really neat, and you have to wear slippers to go through it so you dont scratch the floor. It's pretty funny. I also went to to the house of the guy who invented the airplane (it's not actually the Wright Brothers) and it was quite neat. I also went to the emperor's church which was beautiful. I have some pictures of the trip which I will upload and post soon, perhaps this coming week.
2) This week was quite busy, with random and fun activities. I went and saw Superman and it was not bad. All students get 50% off on the movie tickets, so our tickets were about $3.50. not too bad. Also, I started a new routine this week where I go to the beach in the morning before school for about an hour/ hour and a half and its great. I just lay out and read and tan. Also, it seems (though this is just an observation) that kids in Brasil dont go to pre-school. They just go with their parents or nannys to the beach. But, I LOVE living 2 minutes from the beach, and I think I'll be going everyday from now on. It's hard not too.
3) I got my visa fixed and I registered with the federal police! YAY. I no longer am here on business, so that's excellent.
4) 2 of my friends and I bought tickets to Salvador Bahia, and we are going next Saturday. We will be there for 5 full days, and I think it will be an excellent excellent trip. I will take pictures and SURELY post them.
5) Living here gets better and better. I am really settling into a routine and way of life here, and I love the city a ton.
6) I've started to go shopping here, and definitely need to be doing more of that, becuase its reasonable and cute!

Alright, I hope you all are having fabulous summers and great times. Let me know how you are all doing if you get the chance.

Beijos,
Hannah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah! It sounds like you're having a fantastic time so far and I'm so happy for you! I just wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog and please post more pics!! miss you... <3