Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A collage of events including ziggy marley, a chic club and the german measles

This weekend a lot happened and since im going away this week on vacation I dont want to mix too many posts together so here is a post with many an event (alas, no pics becuase im up at PUC on the computers there, but there will be pics to come)

Friday I went to the Ziggy Marley which was tons of fun. It was a rainy night but luckily the concert was indoor. I ran into sooo many friends and classmates there and I hung out with an awesome group of people including a reunion of the Buzios group which was fun as always. The concert was really good as I´m always a fan of reggae music. The night was topped off by an amusing cabride home and a lovely night of sleep until 3:30 the next afternoon.

That Saturday night I had plans to go out with my Brazilian friend Bianca and some of her friends. We ended up going to a super chic club out in the really nice neighborhood of Barra. The club, called NUTH, was really cool as it had an outdoor but covered garden, three bars, a dance floor, a restaurant and randomly dispersed couches. It was also nice because since it was a fancy-ish club they had a nice list of mixed drinks aside from Caipirinhas. I stayed there really late dancing and hanging out with Bianca and her friends and I always love going out with Bianca because she is really crazy and loves to dance and meet people and is so friendly. After dancing and hanging out with people all night long I finally took a cab home and again slept till 3:30 pm haha.

Sunday was just spent lounging around talking to people online (HI CHRIS AND REO & a voice chat with courtney all the way from stanford!) and catching up.

Monday was actually more eventful than I thought it would be. I have a group presentation due in my fashion class next week and all of us (foreign students) got together to work on it. It was quite fun just hanging out and working on it, and suddenly, the topic of the "german measles vaccine" came up. I was really confused as to what they were talking about until I annoyingly realized that for some reason i didnt make it on the the URGENT email list about the "small but fearful" outbreak of german measles here at PUC and that they were giving out free vaccines. I for one, am never a fan of vaccines and decided I didnt need it. But, luckily my friend Katherine was really insistent that I should and that it doesnt hurt to get it and I finally called my mom who was the finally convincer that I should in fact get the booster shot because if I got german measles it just would not be fun and can be more dangerous for adult women. So, that ended up being an adventure because my whole fashion group trekked down and got the vaccines together, and katherine held my hand during the shot (which ended up not being that bad) and one of the people in our group thought the whole event was so exciting that he took pictures of it, and the nurses and the vaccine station etc, so if I get those pics from him I will post them.

THEN last night Katherine and I both quickly did our gym routines (@ seperate gyms) and then met for one of the most epic dinner dates ever! We went to this fantastic Brazilian food restaurant near here house near Jardim Botanico and sat and talked and ate for hours. It was so nice to have a relaxing and great dinner and just vent and eat and laugh and tell stories! After that I just took a cab home and fell asleep because I was exhausted from such a long day and oddly eventful day!

Today was a day full of classes and a meeting for a group project (a different one) and now im off to the gym.

Then tomorrow I´m flying to São Paulo to stay with a friend and see the city and perhaps do some adventuring around the state of São Paulo too. Ill be gone until sunday and then will be back for another busy week in Rio.

I´ll surely be posting soon after my trip from São Paulo.

TCHAU ALL! (keep up all the lovely comments and BWABs!)

2 comments:

Andrew said...

No, YOUR blog entries are fun to read! Yeah. Take that.

So, can we become journalists or write a travel guide or something together, based on our blogs? I think it'd be fun. Senior year, of course. Or we could just both apply to be student pre-orientation coordinators or whatever they're called for OSP (or, BOSP), then write student guides. But that wouldn't involve both of us, so no fun. Alright, long comment ended. Reo out.

Hannah said...

OMG I LOVE YOU! yes we should write a travel guide together based on our blogs! seriously like no joke. ANDDD i've always wanted to be a OSP student advisor...omg we should get married we're so similar.....but really we should write a book together!

now MY long comment ended! haha

hannah out?